Additional Resources to Support Student Learning
Parents may want to supplement student learning by providing their children with additional resources. The following provincial resources are available to parents:
- LearnAlberta.ca – more than 4,000 digital resources aligned with Alberta’s K-12 curriculum including the Online Reference Centre. Contact your child's teacher for school access codes.
- My Child’s Learning: A Parent Resource - provides parents with information specific to each grade level
Many Alberta school authorities also have a variety of resources available to support parents and students in learning at home. Some examples include:
- Aspen View Public Schools: Educational Supports for Families provides a series of resources, many of which are publically available to support literacy and numeracy.
- Calgary Board of Education: Learning at Home provides a number of supports for Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Calgary Catholic School District: Learning at Home provides several supports for students, including for religious education.
- Clearview Public Schools: Student Resources provides resources for study skills and useful learning sites.
- Edmonton Public Schools: Activities for Parents provides a number of activities that can be done at home for Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Foothills School Division: Parent Learning Link provides a number of resources to support parents.
- Northwest Francophone Education Region: Liens Utiles provides a number of resources to support parents.
- Southern Francophone Education Region: Ressources et Liens Utiles provides a number of resources to support parents.
The Lieutenant Governor of Alberta is supporting 2 new education programs:
Login to ExamBank. Contact your teacher for a password.
Login to LearnAlberta.ca. Contact your teacher for a password.